If you have ever spent time outside in the early evening during the summer at some point you came into contact with a mosquito. Some people are bothered by them more than others and have various levels of reactions to their bites.
Mosquitoes usually are considered a nuisance pest, but occasionally they can transmit viruses to people and some animals. These viruses can cause illness and even death. While your chances of being infected with a disease through a mosquito bite are very small, there are simple steps you can take to reduce your risk of being bitten.
Ticks and Mosquitoes can transmit blood born diseases such as zika virus, west nile virus, malaria and Lyme’s disease. These diseases can be rare but do occur.
It is important to:
- Take all precautions when heading out doors, including wearing proper clothing and insect repellents by label directions.
- Consult your veterinarian for proper treatment and protection of your pets.
- Check pets and children when returning from the outdoors.
- Keeping lawns mowed and brush to a minimum is important.
- Removing all standing water on the property is key.
- In conjunction All County can perform lawn & garden treatment to help control the population of ticks and adult mosquitoes.
All County can help return your backyard into that playground it use to be. We offer a comprehensive spraying application to the entire finished lawn areas as well as the woods edge.
All County chooses to use a liquid application of Talstar P, as opposed to granular applications. Liquid provides a more thorough application, getting the products into dense brush and overgrowth areas, as well as adhering to the foliage where the ticks & mosquitoes are most active. The benefits of liquids is much greater, in that, liquid is the most effective way in helping to control these disease carrying pests. Take back your back yard, contact us today for a free estimate.