Tiny Ants – Sweet Ants – Picnic Ants
Ant infestation is the most common pest problem reported. These tiny scavengers will enter your home or business looking for moisture and an accessible food source. Sometimes, rotting or damp wood that has mold damage can also attract ants. These tiny insects also feed on sugar, cheese, meats, vegetables, grease, peanut butter, and dead insects. All County Pest Control offers pavement ant control in Wappingers Falls, Hopewell Junction, Fishkill, Pawling, Patterson, Carmel, Mahopac, Mahopac Falls, Lake Peekskill, Katonah, Mt Kisco, Bedford, Pound Ridge, Armonk, Scarsdale, Port Chester and the surrounding areas in Dutchess, Putnam, and Westchester counties.
Ants often enter a home through cracks around windows or doors, but they can find numerous entrances to your home or building. Once inside, the growing ant colony can become a problem quickly, as ants mature from juveniles to adults within a matter of days.
Pavement Ants: are about 1/8″ long; make their nests in cracks in pavement; and can infest a building. Just like citronella ants, these ants are usually found at ground level. Their colonies are below ground and enter the house in very large numbers. They tend to come out of cracks in concrete slabs and foundations or in homes with dirt basements or crawl spaces. Pavement ants travel great distances and can travel under floor coverings. They readily spread to many areas of the home infesting kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms and almost anywhere in the home. They are strongly attracted to sweets and once they find a food source the entire colony will follow to feed. These ants are very hard to control due to their nature to trail almost anywhere. Sanitation and proper food management habbits is very important in the control process.
All County Pest Control uses many different control processes and techniques based on every individual situation. We use an IPM approach in dealing with every problem. This includes you, in the control process.
Our professional service technicians will initially interview you and gather information in regards to your current ant infestation. All ants need food, shelter and water to survive. When we arrive at your home, there may have been conducive conditions that no longer exist, but still may be contributing to the infestation. We need to consider all moisture situations past or present; roof leaks, plumbing leaks, flooding, newly renovated baths or kitchens, new roofs, replaced faulty window and doors, removal of large trees and any other conditions that may contribute to the existence of ants.
In addition to making IPM Recommendations, treatment may include one or all of the following:
- Interior liquid insecticide application to cracks & crevices along baseboards, cabinets, sill plates or any area where ant activity exists.
- Injection of dust insecticide application to cracks & crevices or wall voids in areas of ant activity and ant nesting.
- Use of baits in areas and infestations that may require such application.
- Exterior perimeter treatments with liquid insecticide using truck mounted power spray equipment. Treatment is designed to reduce ant population on the exterior, reduce harborage and to control and prevent ants from entering of the structure. Scope of this treatment is to foundation, adjacent grounds, decks, porches, patios, base of large trees, gardens, mulch areas, window & door frames, roof lines and any other ant harborage and entry points.
- Exterior perimeter treatments with time-released granules, designed for wet weather conditions.
Ask about our Home Protection Plan, this is the best protection we can provide to control ants in and around your home. Ants are a constant threat to your home environment and with on-going inspection, treatment and correction of conducive conditions, All County can provide a much better living environment for you and your family.